‘Tis the season of giving thanks and we could not be more thankful for the fall and winter clothing that keeps us looking chic (and feeling warm) all season long. Shop the classics below for pieces that will live in your cold weather clothing rotation for years to come.
Iconic essentials that stand the test of time:
Jackets & Coats
Boots & Booties
The must-have material of the season is definitely faux leather. Whether in the form of a fall jacket, wide-leg pants, leggings or a skirt, faux leather is a chic way to celebrate the colder seasons.
• The moto jacket: A leather moto jacket is super iconic thanks to its effortless coolness factor, and this staple doesn’t need to be black. Play around with faux leather in bold colors like cobalt blue, hot pink (see the Barbiecore trend) or electric yellow.
• The fitted legging/jogger:A classic legging or relaxed jogger is instantly elevated when done in faux leather, which takes you from morning meetings to after-hours in such a laid-back chic way.
• The wide-leg trouser: Embrace the baggy wide-leg trouser trend that adds a slightly polished yet cool-girl edge à la Hailey Beiber. Make it perfect for the season by donning a pair in faux leather.
Cruelty-free and at a fraction of the cost of actual fur—so it’s good on the environment and your wallet– faux fur is a glamorous addition to your cold weather clothing collection.
• The classic coat: A luxurious take on the classic coat, the faux fur version makes the same great polished statement with all the warmth that fur has to offer.
• The vest: For a little added texture to your look, reach for a faux fur vest that layers over your sweater or turtleneck. It adds extra warmth as well as extra style.
• The cropped jacket: This cropped piece elongates the frame by hitting right at the natural waist—or a little above that—so it pairs well with high-waisted bottoms.
Easily one of the best ways to look polished and put-together is by wearing co-ord sets. And though these matching pieces create maximum impact when paired together, you can also wear each as a separate piece.
•The power suit: Nothing is more classic (or more powerful) than a power suit. This tailored set adds polish whether at the office or a special event. Keep it playful for the holidays by wearing a matching suit in shiny satin or bold colors like hot pink or royal blue.
• The knit sweaterandskirt:With its ability to be worn at any time of day, a matching knit sweater set is a fall staple. Keep it polished during the day with knee high boots or turn it into an evening look with strappy heels.
• The crop topandbodycon skirt: A fun twist on a cocktail dress, the knit crop top and midi skirt is a great way to play up your holiday look for holiday parties, family dinners or a fun evening with friends.
Probably the piece you’re most excited for this season is a jacket. Oversized blazer silhouettes, tailored outerwear coats, and even casual puffers not only keep you warm, but provide an added layer of polish to your overall look.
•The tailored coat: With notable details like its lapel collar, pockets and a cinched waist (like that of a classic trench), you can never go wrong with a tailored coat. Its pure sophistication creates instant polish no matter where you’re headed.
•The oversized silhouette: From cropped styles to faux furs and capes, the oversized fit is here to stay. With its homage to ‘60’s and ‘80’s silhouettes, oversized coats include bold shoulders, draped fits and roomy toppers that hang effortlessly on the frame.
•The puffer: With its street-style look and quilted design to keep you warm, the puffer is a sporty yet stylish way to keep warm while out and about.
Boots & Booties
Over-the-knee, thigh-high, ankle length or knee-high—a good boot is a must-have every holiday season.
• The knee-high: The trendiest boot of the moment, the knee-high boot is a classic that complements most looks and adds instant style to your year-round favorites (like the LBD). It looks great with mini skirts, midi skirts and even shorts.
• The ankle bootie: It’s safe to say that everyone should have a classic ankle bootie in their closet. Its versatility goes beyond cold seasons and can be rocked with everything from jeans to trousers to dresses to mini skirts. A classic leather pair will last you for years to come.
• The animal print: When it comes to fall boots, we have seen everything from leopard to croc-embossed to the latest rage—snakeskin. These animal prints are here to stay and they coordinate perfectly with skirts of all lengths.
•The sock bootie: Made famous by luxury design house Balenciaga and sportswear brand Nike, the sock silhouette is a relatively new boot style. As an extension of the athleisure trend, this boot is fitted like a sock against the skin. Its ability to elongate the leg is created by a seamless look. Styles range from ankle length to thigh-high with a mid-calf length being the most popular.
The coziest of all cold weather staples, the best sweaters come in a large variety of lengths and silhouettes. Here are some of our favorites for keeping warm and staying chic.
• The turtleneck: As an iconic silhouette worn for ages, this knit style is super classic and goes with just about anything. Whether worn in a bodycon style or an oversized fit, turtlenecks can be tucked into skirts and jeans or layered over leggings and trousers.
• The crop top: This topper is done with a shorter hem that’s best paired with a high-waisted bottom like trousers or a skirt.
• Cutouts: Whether it be an exposed shoulder, a cutout neckline, or an open back, skin-is-in cutouts are as feminine as they are edgy.
Whether you live in the arctic or in San Francisco, these styles allow you to embrace the changing season, look a little more elevated and feel a lot more festive. And the fact that they’re forever classics that never go out of style? Well that’s just a win-win. Because these are looks that you’ll buy once and wear for years to come.